After the shock of 2020, with an unprecedented shortage of paper and a massive influx of low quality Chinese product, we dreamt of a high-quality Australian toilet tissue for consumers that was both made in Australia and good for our environment. We went to work right away.
In mapping out our vision for the new brand there were some must-haves:
- It must be Australian manufactured.
- It must be environmentally sustainable.
- It must give back to the environment.
- It must be as good as the best tissue already on the market
….and as our team further insisted, “it must be cheeky like us”.
We researched the environmental impact of toilet paper and established the 3 key actions that should be taken (see Bloomberg report https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-09-17/how-green-is-your-toilet-paper-brand ):
- Do not use wood from virgin forests
- Replant trees to replace those used 1:1
- Buy carbon offsets
As you can see from the article, the big companies don’t get it right. We’ve made sure that we tick all the boxes. We’ve developed a high quality 3 ply toilet paper that is Australian, and we believe it’s the best toilet paper in the market.